CVS Tools. I find the following combination of tools work very well together:
- CVS (duh) on the server.
- TortoiseCVS integrated Windows client.
- Pageant for SSH key management and passwordless connection.
- ViewCVS for a web browsable view of the repository.
- Syncmail for doing automated diffs-by-email on commits.
I have a similar list, with some additional items:
- CVS command line client (because Tortoise makes 98% of your daily activities easy – the cmd line is still required for that last 2%).
- WinMerge as a slightly more user friendly diff tool.
- CVSQuery to enhance ViewCVS slightly by allowing quick searches/reports (e.g. show me all changes in the last 2 weeks for a specific module).
- Nice Tortoise icon sets (I like Timo) – let’s face it, the default ones suck 🙂
Doh! Forgot to mention WinMerge. Yes I use it as well 🙂